With the cold weather finally here and the holidays quickly approaching, it’s finally starting to feel like winter in New England. But that doesn’t mean that your love life has to get cold and gloomy too. The winter holiday season can be a perfect opportunity to spend some extra time with that special someone. Take advantage of this cold winter weather and check out these fun, romantic, and affordable date ideas.
1. Ice Skating: Even if you are a beginner skater, ice skating can be an entertaining and cute outing. If you like the outdoors, there are some great ice skating rinks that are only a short drive away. The Boston Frog Pond and Newport, RI Skating Center are two rinks that not only offer public skating, but they both overlook beautiful scenery. Or, if you prefer to stay indoors, head to the local Bridgewater Ice Arena. With many locations to choose from lace up your skates and hit the ice! And remember, you might fall down so hold on tight to your date’s hand.
2. Check out the Holiday Lights: Grab a mug of hot chocolate, hats, and gloves and head outside. Many neighborhoods and downtown areas are decorated for the holiday season with lights and other holiday decorations. A local popular location to view the lights is Lasalette Shrine. There you can see over 300,000 lights and it is FREE. So, take a stroll a neighborhood or drive around to and admire the creativity because it is only around for a few more weeks!
3. Go Out for Dessert: Get dressed up and head to a fancy restaurant. But, rather than spending a ton of money on a full course meal just order dessert. This idea is not only romantic and fun, but it is also delicious.
4. Go to an IMAX movie: Instead of going on a regular movie theater date, find an IMAX movie theater. It is always fun to relieve your childhood and experience the 4-D Motion Odyssey Ride at Jordan’s Furniture showing the Polar Express Movie. This classic tale will leave you both smiling
5. Head to a coffee shop: One of the many good things about a coffee shop is that it is typically a peaceful environment where you and your date can leisurely enjoy a cup of coffee and enjoy each other’s company. Even if you don’t like coffee there are always seasonal beverages to keep you warm and relaxed. Local favorite coffee spots include The Better Bean Coffee Company which is within walking distance of campus. Or, take a short drive to Lakeville and check out Somethin’s Brewin’ Book Café. This unique coffee shop is located in the town’s old library and has a spacious area with plenty of comfortable couches so you and your date can get cozy.
What other fun winter dates have you been on? Please share!